Monday, May 3, 2010

Blackhole

Nighttime. They just came back from a short get-together to prepare for the A.N.Jell presentation for the SBS Drama Awards. Keun Seuk finds Shin Hye sitting alone on the bench outside of their meeting place, staring up at the stars.

Yah! You still have the habit to look up at stars huh, Go Mi Nam? Keun Seuk chides. He sits beside her. Noticing that she didn’t respond to him, he just kept quiet with her for a few minutes. Wanting to break the silence, Keun Seuk asks, Shin Hye-a, what do you want for Christmas?

“Oppa, we need to talk.”


Noticing the serious tone in her voice, he worries,
Mwo? Wae? Is there a problem?

“Because, Oppa, I think I am finding it hard to get out of my Go Mi Nam character.”


Shin Hye-a. Mwo?
He tries to make sense of her statement.

“Let me go on. You see, I am confusing my own emotions with the feelings Go Mi Nam feels. And because of this I, Park Shin Hye, feel like I am in a blackhole. A blackhole which used to be Tae Kyung’s star. That at times I feel like I’m sucked into it when you, Jang Keun Seuk, give me attention. Yet, there are also times when I feel like I’m left out of that hole, cold and clueless, when I hear and read about your opinions of me or when I see how you act towards me. To me, Tae Kyung and Jang Keun Seuk are not two different people.


I am confused Oppa. And it’s probably not your fault.


And although I know I will miss you so much, I need to shake this out. Because I think I will miss my old self too. And in between that, if I don’t do this, I can lose that self, and you will never know the real me. And that will not be fair for me, for you and for everybody.


Space, Oppa, is what I need at this time. To find myself again. To be who I really am. Can you give me that for Christmas?”


Listening to her say these words makes Keun Seuk’s heart ache, and he doesn’t understand why. Yet, can he deny this special person of the only Christmas gift she wants from him?


Trying to keep his voice from breaking,
Yes, Shin Hye-a. I can give you that. Without saying it, he asks himself, but for how long? Looking at his eyes, Shin Hye understands his silent question and tells him.

“Komapta Keun-Seuk-ssi. I will let you know when I am ready to face you again. Gureom. Have a great holiday.”


Scared that it may take a long time before she'll be ready, he bids her farewell, trying to convince himself that it will be sooner than he thinks,
Be safe Shin Hye-a. And know this… Bogosipda. Gureom.

As Shin Hye walks away, Keun Seuk looks at the stars.
Tae Kyung, why did you have to shine so brightly? To the point that Go Mi Nam had to absorb way too much of your blinding light into Shin Hye’s reality. That even with the glare of the lights and the warmth of the fans’ attention, I, Keun Seuk, feels so dark, alone and cold. And it's not because of winter *sighs*

She didn’t even ask me what I wanted. If she did she would know.

It’s you Shin Hye. It’s you that I want for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Dorothy, hi sis...
    Love your FF so much
    Keep update please
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwh. I saw this link at soompi thread.
    Just wanted to add a few comments or observations I guess about the recent interview they did. What I found interesting was his statement about this very thing you wrote about. He seemed to intimate that he gave her this space because there was a good chance they'd bump into each other on the street or do more projects together in the future... so it was like what would he have done if that chance of seeing her again on the streets or in future projects wasn't there?
    Not knowing much of anything about either of them before YB I really liked what I saw of them together as actors at least. But that interview was interesting.... and when he told her that she was beautiful 3 times (with a "really really") and also intimated that he liked to see her running towards him in the wedding dress - even if it was as TK - and exclaimed how cute she looked doing so. For whatever reason it was a curious but sweet thing to do because what girl doesn't want to hear that? To tell her that not only is she really really beautiful but also cute!
    I read somewhere that he was dating someone during the filming?
    If so it is interesting that he seems to like telling others about his mom's approval of her. If he thought that the idea of marrying her was a remote possibility at best he wouldn't be telling anyone anything and my guess is if he was dating a girl he is definitely no longer dating her!
    For her part in that interview, she seems to be attracted to him in a physical sense and in a professional sense. She also seems to like that he is like TK in some ways. Apparently she got really jealous over what she knew was a pretend scene, which one could guess there may be something on her end too.
    Plus if he is moody in real life and she is someone who exudes happiness she would be someone he would go far. One thing is for sure that they are fun to watch whether they are acting or out of that element. They do smile so brightly at/with each other. Very rare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they will end up together in the end.

    ReplyDelete